Chorizo Stuffed Dates
Chorizo Stuffed Dates Recipe. Tiny bites of goodness that packs a whole lot of flavor. The sweetness of the dates, saltiness of the bacon, and savoriness of the chorizo make a powerful combination of flavors. A great appetizer for a bbq or tailgater.
|date - pitted||24|
|Italian sausage||1/2 lb|
- If you are using a gas grill set the temperature to medium. If you are using a charcoal barbeque get the coals to the point that white ash is showing and the coals are glowing and are spread out in an even layer.
- Take the slab of bacon and cut it half. So you now have slices that are about 4 inches long and 1 inch high.
- Remove the casing from the chorizo.
- Take a date and carefully slice open one side so that it is now one long piece.
- Take a pinch of the chorizo meat and place it in the middle of the sliced opened date. Close the date so that it resembles its original shape.
- Wrap it with a bacon slice and secure it with a toothpick. Repeat.
- Place the chorizo stuffed dates on the grill and close the lid. Allow to grill for about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Turn over, close the lid, and grill for an additional 2 minutes or until the bacon is cooked. Remove and serve.