Chilayo Recipe. A delicious dish from the Mexican state of Colima. Ancho and Guajillo Chiles are used to make a zesty and warm broth for delicious pork ribs.
|pork spareribs||2 1/2 lbs||cut into 2 inch pieces|
|ancho chile||2||seeded and deveined|
|guajillo chile||4||seeded and deveined|
|tomatillo||10||peeled and quartered|
- In a stock pot place the pork spareribs, salt, and water. Cover and place over high heat to boil for 30 minutes.
- In a sauce pan place the ancho and guajillo chiles and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place the chiles and its cooking liquid in a blender.
- Add the garlic cloves, onion, and cumin. Liquify the mixture.
- Place the mixture over the ribs with the tomatillos and bring to a boil uncovered for 15 minutes.
Have your butcher cut the ribs into 2 inch pieces.