Chicken with Pineapple Salsa
Chicken with Pineapple Salsa Recipe. The combination of the sweetness from the pineapple with the spiciness of the jalapeno compliments the simple classic taste of a chicken breast.
|pineapple (canned)||3 cups||chopped & drained|
|green onion||4||sliced thin|
|jalapeno chile||1||seeded and diced|
|lime juice||2 Tbsps|
|cumin||1 3/4 tsps|
|chicken breast||4||washed and patted dry|
|salt||1 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/2 tsp||to taste|
|olive oil||2 Tbsps|
- In a bowl combine the pineapple, green onions, jalapeno chile, cilantro, lime juice, and cumin. Mix well and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Heat a frying pan over high heat.
- Salt and pepper the chicken breasts to taste.
- Pour the oil into the frying pan and add the chicken breasts.
- Lower the heat to medium and cook on each side for 5 minutes or until done.
- Remove the chicken and cover with salsa and serve.
This goes great with white rice. The pineapple and white rice make a great combination.