Chicken with Capers and Olives
Chicken with Capers and Olives Recipe. This chicken recipe is perfect for the work week when you don't have time to cook. This chicken has a rich elegent favor and is very simple to make.
|olive oil||1 Tbsp|
|white wine||1/4 cup|
|tomato - chopped (canned)||1/2 cup|
|red pepper flakes||1 pinch|
|olive (fresh)||1/3 cup||Italian -pitted|
|chicken broth||1/4 cup|
|whipping cream||1/2 cup|
|Italian parsley||1/4 cup||chopped|
|salt||1/2 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/2 tsp||to taste|
- In a stock pot heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Salt and pepper the chicken thighs and add to the stock. Brown each side of the chicken thighs for a total of 8 minutes.
- Add the white wine, chopped tomatoes, red pepper flakes, olives, capers, bay leaf, and chicken broth.
- Bring to a simmer and cover. Cook for 40 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and add the cream to the sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the chicken on a serving platter and cover with the sauce.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.