Chicken Saltimbocca Recipe. How do you dress up a piece of chicken? You add a slice of prosciutto. The prosciutto adds a rich flavor to your chicken that your friends and family will love.
|black pepper||1/2 tsp|
|prosciutto||1/4 lb||1 slice per chicken breast|
|all-purpose flour||1 cup|
|olive oil||2 Tbsps|
|chicken broth||1/2 cup|
|white wine||1/2 cup|
- Take a chicken breast and place it in a sturdy plastic bag. Using a meat tenderizer, pound the meat until it reaches a thickness of 1/4 inch. Make sure not to tear the meat.
- After you have pounded all the chicken breasts flat sprinkle with black pepper and parsley.
- Place a piece of prosciutto on top of the breast. Grab one end and begin to roll the chicken breast. Fasten with a toothpick. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts. Sprinkle the rolled chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the flour in a plate or large bowl. One by one dredge the rolled chicken breasts in the flour.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Melt the butter with the olive oil in an ovenproof frying pan over medium heat.
- Place the rolled chicken breasts in the frying pan and brown each side.
- Place the entire frying pan in the oven and cook for 20 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and place the rolled chicken breasts on a plate.
- Return the frying pan to the stovetop. Add the chicken broth and white wine. Simmer over high heat. Allow the sauce to reduce by more than half. Add salt and pepper to taste. Slice the chicken into pieces so the swirl of the prosciutto shows. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve.