Chicken Paillard with Capers
Chicken Paillard with Capers. An incredibly easy dish for a weeknight. Juicy chicken breast with a rich caper sauce.
|chicken breast - boneless & skinless - frozen||4|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp|
|olive oil||2 Tbsps|
|unsalted butter||3 Tbsps|
|red wine||2 Tbsps|
- Place a chicken breast between two sheets of plastic and pound with a mallet or rolling pin. Pound until the chicken is about a 1/4 inch high all the way around. Be careful not to tear holes in the chicken.
- Combine salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Sprinkle half the mixture over the chicken breasts.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Add 1/3 of the butter.
- Fry the chicken for 2 minutes on one side. Sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper. Flip and fry for an additional 2 minutes. Remove.
- Add the remaining butter, capers, and wine to the sauté pan.
- Increase the heat to high and stir continuously for about 1 minute to reduce the sauce and increase the flavor. Spoon over the plated chicken and serve.