Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe. The classic home remedy for what ills you. Nothing beats a bowl of chicken noodle soup.
|chicken||1||4 to 5 lbs. washed and quartered|
|carrot||2||peeled and chopped|
|parsnip||1||peeled and chopped|
|turnip||1||peeled and chopped|
|white pepper||2 tsps|
|kosher salt||2 Tbsps||to taste|
|kosher salt||1/4 cup|
|egg noodles - fine||3/4 lb|
- In a large stock pot place the chicken pieces and cover with the cold water. Bring to a boil.
- Skim the surface of the broth with a large spoon to remove the scum.
- Add the onion, garlic, celery, carrot, parsnip, turnip, bay leaf, dill sprigs, and white pepper.
- Mix well and lower the heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for 4 hours and skim the surface to remove the scum occassionally.
- Strain the soup into your serving dish to remove the chicken and vegetables. Remove the skin and bones from the chicken and add to the soup.
- In a separate large stock pot bring the water and salt to a boil. Add the egg noodles and boil for 8 minutes. Remove and strain the noodles.
- Add the noodles to the finished soup. Add kosher salt to taste. Stir and serve.