Chicken Breast Stuffed with Goat Cheese and Basil
Chicken Breast Stuffed with Goat Cheese and Basil Recipe. It's amazing what you can do with a chicken breast in less than 30 minutes. The combination of goat cheese and basil produces an elegant and delicious flavor that is topped by a rich decadent wine sauce.
|chicken breast - boneless & skinless - frozen||4||thawed|
|goat cheese||1/4 lb||spreadable|
|basil (fresh)||1/4 cup||chopped|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp|
|olive oil||2 Tbsps|
|chicken broth||1/3 cup|
|white wine||1/2 cup|
- Take a chicken breast and cut a 3 inch pocket on the side of the breast. In the thickest portion of the breast.
- Using a butter knife spread the goat cheese in the pocket. Stuff with the basil.
- Take a toothpick and secure the pocket opening.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil and 1/3 of the butter.
- Fry each side for 2 to 3 minutes over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and add the chicken broth. Cook covered for an additional 8 to 10 minutes or until the chicken breast reaches an internal temperature of 160°F to 165°F.
- Remove the chicken. Add the remaining butter and wine to the pan. Increase the heat to high. Stir and scrape the bottom of the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve.
Please account for additional cooking time for larger chicken breasts.