Chicken Breast and Roasted Vegetables
|chicken breast||15 lbs||boneless - cut into 2 inch pieces|
|tarragon||2 cups||leaves, picked, and chopped|
|salt||1/2 cup||to taste|
|black pepper||1/4 cup||to taste|
|vegetable oil||2 cups|
|olive oil||3 cups|
|Cremini mushroom||5 lbs|
|red bell pepper||12|
|fennel||5||thinly sliced sprinkled with lemon juice|
|balsamic vinegar||3 cups|
- Sprinkle the chicken breast with tarragon, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay out chicken pieces on an oiled sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes. Remove to a large bowl.
- Pour 1 cup of olive oil into a rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle with the garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. Lay the mushrooms on top gill side down, and sprinkle with the remaining oil. Roast for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool in the pan.
- Toss the mushrooms and their liquid with the chicken in the bowl. One by one, add the bell peppers, artichokes, fennel, and basil, tossing after each addition.
- Toss with the balsamic vinegar and taste for seasoning.
- Just before serving add the broccoli.