Chewy Walnut Squares
Chewy Walnut Squares Recipe. A great chewy dessert with that little bit of walnut crunch. It's fast, simple and goes great with ice cream.
|unsalted butter||1 Tbsp|
|brown sugar||1 cup|
|vanilla extract||1 tsp|
|all-purpose flour||1/2 cup|
|baking soda||1/4 tsp|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take the unsalted butter and grease a 8 x 8 baking pan.
- In a bowl combine the egg, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Stir in the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold in the walnuts.
- Pour into the greased baking pan.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until the edges are golden.
- Using a sharp knife slice into 6, 8, 12, or 16 squares.