Cheese Pudding. Have left over bread? Make some Cheese Pudding. It's a favorite from the UK that the kids will have making and eating.
|bread -slices||8||slices - stale and crusts removed|
|cheddar cheese||1/3 lb||grated|
|chicken broth||1 cup|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp|
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Take the grated cheddar cheese and make sandwiches with the buttered slices facing into the sandwich.
- Cut each sandwich in half diagonally.
- Grease a baking dish and arrange the sandwiches within the dish.
- Combine the eggs, chicken broth, and cream. Pour over the sandwiches and allow to soak for 1/2 hour. Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
- Spread the remaining cheddar cheese over the sandwiches and sprinkle with the black pepper.
- Bake for 1/2 hour or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.