Chayote Salad Recipe.
|water||8 cups||to cover|
|olive oil||1/2 cup|
|red wine vinegar||3 Tbsps|
|oregano (dried)||1 tsp|
|salt||1/4 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp|
|red onion||1/2||thinly sliced|
- In a saucepan add the chayote and cover with water. Add salt. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Cook for 30 to 40 minutes until tender.
- Drain and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Peel, cut in half, remove seed, and cut into 4 slices. Repeat.
- Combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Place the chayote and red onion in salad bowl and drizzle with olive oil dressing.
- Let stand for 5 minutes to absorb the dressing and serve.