Caesar Salad Recipe. The classic simple crisp salad.
|olive oil||3 Tbsps|
|salt||1/4 tsp||to taste|
|salt||1 tsp||to taste|
|olive oil||2/3 cup|
|red wine vinegar||1 Tbsp|
|anchovy||1 1/2 Tbsps|
|lemon juice||3 Tbsps|
|black pepper||1/2 tsp||to taste|
- Place your salad plates in the refrigerator to chill. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice sourdough bread into thick slices and then slice into 1/2 to 3/4 inch cubes to your liking. Toss with olive oil and salt. Place on baking sheets and bake for 8 to 12 minutes until golden.
- Discard the outer unattractive leaves of the romaine lettuce heads. Slice off the base of the romaine lettuce heads. Go through each leaf and remove any wilted unattractive part.
- Wash the leaves thoroughly and place on paper towels. The leaves need to be absolutely dry before assembling the salad.
- In a bowl whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, anchovies, and garlic.
- Whisk in the eggs, a 1/4 of the Parmigiano-Reggiano, lemon juice, and black pepper.
- Chop the lettuce into 1 inch pieces and place in large salad bowl. Drizzle the dressing over the lettuce leaves and toss. Add the croutons and toss. Add the remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano and toss. Serve on cold salad plates.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Raw Egg Warning. The American Egg Board states: