Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe. It's Sunday morning and you had a great nights sleep. The best way to start your day is with a stack of thick and fluffy buttermilk pancakes topped with butter and maple syrup. After having a few you'll be ready for a nice midday nap.
|all-purpose flour||3 cups|
|baking powder||1 Tbsp|
|baking soda||1 tsp|
|unsalted butter||1/2 cup||melted|
|vanilla extract||2 tsps|
|maple syrup||1 cup|
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the buttermilk, butter, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Combine the dry and wet mixtures till you get a lumpy batter.
- Heat a non stick frying pan or griddle over low heat.
- Depending on the size of the pancake you like pour a portion of the batter into the non-stick frying pan or griddle.
- Once the sides of the pancake begins to harden and bubbles start to appear on the top of the pancake flip it over.
- Cook for another minute or two and remove.