Brown Sugar and Honey Crusted Ham
Brown Sugar and Honey Crusted Ham Recipe. This is an easy main course that feeds many people and will leave you with plenty of leftovers for ham sandwiches.
|smoked ham half||8 lbs||skin and excess fat removed|
|brown sugar||1 cup|
|ground cloves||1 tsp|
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Place the ham with the fat side facing up on a rack. Place the rack in a shallow roasting pan with 1/2 inch of water.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Combine the brown sugar, nutmeg, ground cloves, and cinnamon to make a spice mixture.
- Remove the ham and brush with the honey.
- Pat on the spice mixture over the entire ham.
- Place the ham back on the rack in the roasting pan and return to the oven.
- Bake uncovered until the ham reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees. This should take an additional hour.