Brisket Sandwich with Onion Jam
Brisket Sandwich with Onion Jam. Leftover brisket? Make a delicious sandwich. The tangy flavor of garlic butter, hearty sliced hot brisket, topped with sweet carmelized onions creates a powerful flavor combination.
|unsalted butter||1/2 cup|
|Italian parsley||1/4 cup||diced|
|salt||1/4 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1 pinch||to taste|
|unsalted butter||2 Tbsps|
|red onion||1||sliced thin|
|french rolls||4||sliced open|
|brisket||1 lb||sliced thin and heated|
- Using a food processor combine the unsalted butter, garlic, Italian parsley, and lime juice.
- Turn on the food processor and use the pulse button to gently combine the butter. Scrape down the sides and repeat until you have a creamy texture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a sauté pan melt the butter over medium high heat. Add the red onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Lower the heat and cook for 10 minutes stirring occassionally.
- Add the thyme, rosemary, and sugar. Stir constantly. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the onions are carmelized.
- Take the french bread slices and spread on the butter spread. Place in the oven for 5 minutes until toasted.
- Place the brisket slices on the bread and top with the onion jam.
- Cover with the remaining slices of bread. Slice in half and serve.