Braised Pork in Tomatillo Broth
Braised Pork in a Tomatillo Broth Recipe. This is a classic all in one pot dish. Slowly braised pork that is fork tender and full of flavor. This is wonderful on its own or in a taco.
|olive oil||1/4 cup|
|pork shoulder||4 lbs|
|tomatillo||8||peel removed and washed|
|chicken broth||4 cups|
|cilantro||1||bunch - chopped|
|salt||1 1/2 tsps||to taste|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp||to taste|
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof stockpot or Dutch oven over high heat.
- Season the pork shoulder with salt and pepper. Brown the pork shoulder in the olive oil on each side for 2 minutes and remove.
- Add the yellow onion. Sauté until the onion is translucent. Add the tomatillo.
- Place the pork shoulder on top of the tomatillos and then add the garlic clove, chicken broth, and cilantro.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Place in the oven and roast for 3 hours until the pork is fork tender.
- Remove the pork shoulder from the liquid and set aside.
- To make the sauce heat the liquid over high heat and reduce by half.
- Spoon the sauce over the pork shoulder and serve.