Blueberry Scones Recipe. Tasty bites for any breakfast or brunch.
|all-purpose flour||2 cups|
|baking powder||2 tsps|
|baking soda||1/4 tsp|
|unsalted butter||1/4 cup||cold - cut into 1/4 inch cubes|
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl sift together the all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Place the butter cubes into the flour mixture and mix well.
- Mix the buttermilk with the molasses and pour into the flour mixture.
- Mix in the blueberries. The dough should now be coarse.
- Place the dough on a floured cutting board and pat out to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Take a 3 inch biscuit cutter and cut out as many rounds as possible. Take the scraps and form another 1/2 inch thick slab and continue to cut out.
- Cut each 3 inch circle into 4 quarters.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the scones an inch apart and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
1 batch produces 24 mini scones.