Beef Stew Recipe. The all time classic family meal made with beef and plenty of vegetables.
|chuck||3 lbs||cut into 1 inch cubes|
|all-purpose flour||1/2 cup|
|salt||1 1/2 tsps|
|black pepper||3/4 tsp|
|vegetable oil||3 Tbsps|
|carrot||4||peeled , quartered, and sliced thin|
|celery stalk||2||sliced thin|
|red wine||1 cup|
|chicken broth||2 cups|
|thyme (dried)||1 tsp|
|pea (frozen)||2 cups|
- In a bowl place the cubed chuck and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine well.
- Dust the chuck with the all-purpose flour making sure to coat the meat evenly.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a stock pot over high heat.
- Place the chuck into the stock pot and cook on each side for about 5 minutes.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrot, and celery. Cook until the onion becomes translucent. Stir constantly and scrape the bottom of the stock pot.
- Pour in the red wine and continue to scrape the bottom of the stock pot. Pour in the chicken broth and do the same.
- Add the bay leaf, thyme, and potato. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Cook covered over low heat for 2 hours.
- Before serving stir in the frozen peas. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.