Yum Pla Fu
Yum Pla Fu Recipe.
|palm sugar||1/4 cup|
|fish sauce||1/4 cup|
|lime juice||1/4 cup|
|salt||1/2 tsp||to taste|
|pepper||1/4 tsp||to taste|
|vegetable oil||1/2 cup|
|green mango||1||peeled, seeded, and julienned|
|romaine lettuce||1/2||leaves for serving|
- In a bowl combine the Thai chile, shallot, palm sugar, fish sauce, lime juice and peanuts. Mix well and place in the refrigerator.
- Heat the vegetable oil over high heat in a large frying pan.
- Salt and pepper the catfish fillets on each side.
- Fry the catfish in the oil on each side for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat to a plate and shred the meat with a fork.
- Return the shredded catfish meat to the oil and fry for another 5 to 10 minutes until it is golden brown.
- Remove to a paper towel covered plate and drain the excess oil.
- In a medium bowl, toss the catfish with the julienned mango. Add the dressing to taste and serve over romaine lettuce leaves.