Tzatziki Recipe. The classic Greek appetizer of made of cool yogurt and cucumber served with warm sliced of pita bread.
|cucumber||2||peel, slice in half, and scoop out the seeds with a spoon|
|olive oil||1 2/3 Tbsps|
|white distilled vinegar||2 tsps|
|salt||2 tsps||to taste|
|black pepper||3/4 tsp||to taste|
- Place the yogurt in a strainer. Place the strainer over a bowl and allow to drain overnight.
- Grate the cucumber and place in a strainer. Allow to strain overnight.
- Grate the garlic clove and finely mince the dill.
- In a bowl combine the strained yogurt and cucumber.
- Stir in the grated garlic and minced dill.
- Stir in the olive oil and vinegar.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with warm slices of pita bread.