Turkey Tetrazzini Recipe. What do to with leftover turkey? This is the classic answer to that question.
|unsalted butter||3 Tbsps|
|button mushroom||2/3 lb||sliced thin|
|pea (frozen)||1 cup|
|white wine||1/2 cup|
|penne pasta||1 lb|
|ricotta cheese||1 lb|
|Parmesan cheese||1 cup|
|heavy cream||1 cup|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp||to taste|
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 10 x 15 inch baking dish with a small portion of the butter.
- Fill a stockpot with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- In a sauté pan melt 2 tbsps of the unsalted butter and add the sliced mushrooms. Saute for about 6 minutes until the mushrooms give up their liquid and it evaporates.
- Add the shallots and sauté for about 2 minutes. Add the chopped turkey, peas, and white wine. Cook for about 5 minutes until most of the wine has evaporated.
- Place 2 tbsp's of the salt into the boiling water and add the penne pasta. Cook for about 8 minutes until it is barely tender. Drain Well.
- Add the barely tender pasta to the turkey mixture and add the ricotta cheese, 3/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, heavy cream, black pepper, and the remaining salt to taste. Combine well.
- Pour into the greased baking dish and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and dot with remaing butter.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the top is golden and crunchy.