Turkey Bone Pozole
Turkey Bone Pozole Recipe. This is a wonderful dish for leftover turkey.
|onion||2||medium - chopped|
|turkey - cooked||2 lbs||shredded or chopped|
|water||12 cups||enough to cover the turkey bones|
|salt||1 1/2 Tbsps||to taste|
|oregano (dried)||1/2 cup|
|pequin chile||1/4 cup||optional - very hot|
- In a large stock pot combine the turkey bones, onion, garlic, cilantro, and enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil then lower to a simmer for 4 hours.
- Skim the surface constantly for any fat.
- Add the hominy and shredded turkey. Cook for an additional 1/2 hour.
- Add the and salt to taste.
- Serve with condiments.
When serving the Pozole provide your guest with bowls of chopped onion, cilantro, pequin chile, and limes. Allow them to add their desired amounts of flavor.