Tilapia Stuffed with Spinach & Feta
Tilapia Stuffed with Spinach and Feta Recipe. Wow! It's amazing what you can do with an inexpensive cut of fish. The secret to the dish is to season the fish at least a 1/2 hour before cooking to start developing a delicious light flavor.
|tilapia - fillets||4|
|black pepper||1/2 tsp|
|olive oil||2 Tbsps|
|spinach||6 cups||washed well and stems removed|
|feta cheese||2 Tbsps|
|unsalted butter||2 Tbsps|
- Salt and pepper the tilapia fillets and refrigerate for at least a 1/2 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic cloves and spinach. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes until the spinach has wilted. Remove from the heat.
- Add the feta cheese and mix well.
- Place the tip of the tilapia fillet in front of you. Spoon a tablespoon of the spinach feta cheese filling on the tip. Roll away from you and secure with toothpicks. Repeat.
- Place the rolled tilapia fillets seam down in a baking dish. In the middle of the dish place the unsalted butter.
- Place in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes. Remove the toothpicks, drizzle with the melted butter, and serve.