Strawberries with Lemon Sugar
Strawberries with Lemon Sugar Recipe. A quick and easy recipe that can be made last minute. Strawberries are delicious when its natural flavor is drawn out with sugar and accented with lemon. The flavor can also be intensified with a touch of black pepper.
|strawberry||2 lbs||stem removed and sliced into quarters|
|lemon zest||2 Tbsps||finely chopped|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp||optional|
- In a large bowl placed the quartered strawberries.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the strawberries.
- Sprinkle the lemon zest over the strawberries.
- Mix well. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Mix with a spoon every 5 minutes.
- Serve in glass cups or small bowls.
- Sprinkle each serving with a small pinch of black pepper (optional).