Sopa Criolla Recipe. This is a classic Peruvian soup that is incredibly easy to make and is a meal in itself. This is a great meal for those cold nights.
|olive oil||2 Tbsps|
|flank steak||1 lb||sliced thin into strips|
|tomato||2||chopped in 1/4 inch pieces|
|oregano (dried)||1 Tbsp|
|black pepper||1 tsp|
|chicken broth||8 cups|
|jalapeno chile||1||chopped - optional|
- In a stock pot heat the olive oil over high heat.
- Add the sliced flank steak and cook until the meat is slightly brown.
- Add the onion, garlic, tomato, oregano, salt, and pepper. Combine thoroughly and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the chicken broth and jalapeno (optional). Bring to a boil.
- Add the spaghetti and continue to cook until the spaghetti is cooked.
- Add the eggs and allow them to cook until the yolks become hard.
- Remove from the heat and add the milk.
- Garnish each serving with parsley.
Remember to remove the soup from the heat before adding the milk. If not it will cut apart.