Simple Pasta Sauce
Simple Pasta Sauce Recipe. This is a very simple pasta sauce recipe that you should be able to whip up in 20 minutes. The great thing about this recipe is that you can build on it. If there is something that is very ripe in your refrigerator and you think it would make a nice addition - throw it in.
|olive oil||2 Tbsps|
|garlic clove||2||crushed and diced|
|tomato puree||3 1/2 cups|
|basil (dry)||1 Tbsp|
|oregano (dried)||1 Tbsp|
|salt||1 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1 tsp||to taste|
|Parmesan cheese||1/2 cup||grated|
- In a saucepan heat the olive oil over medium to high heat.
- Add the onion and sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato puree and mix thorougly.
- Add the basil, oregano, bay leaf, salt, and, black pepper.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and cook uncovered for 15 minutes or to taste.
- Use the sauce with the pasta of your choice.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese to taste.