Shrimp Salad Recipe. Simple, light, and delicious. A perfect combination of flavors, textures, and colors. This recipe is a good reason to plan a dinner party.
|olive oil||1/2 cup|
|white distilled vinegar||1/4 cup|
|salt||1/2 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp||to taste|
|green bean||1/2 lb||ends trimmed and cut in half|
|cherry tomato||1 lb||sliced in half|
|red onion||1/2||sliced thin|
|bacon||1/4 lb||fried and chopped|
|shrimp-medium, frozen & deveined||3/4 lb||defrosted|
- The shrimp and green beans will need to be parboiled for this recipe. Fill a saucepan with enough water to parboil the green beans and shrimp separately. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Get a bowl that is large enough to hold the green beans and shrimp separately. Fill with half ice and half water.
- To make the vinaigrette whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- In a salad bowl add the sliced red onion and tomatoes.
- Parboil the green beans for 5 minutes. Remove and place in the ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Remove the green beans from the ice water, dry, and add to the salad.
- Add the shrimp to the boiling water and parboil for 2 minutes. Remove and place in the ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain, dry, and add to the salad.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad, add the chopped bacon, toss, and serve.