Salsa Verde Recipe. A classic Mexican salsa made from tomatillos. Nothing like having a taco with salsa verde.
|salt||2 1/2 tsps|
|tomatillo||1 lb||husks removed|
|cilantro||1/2 cup||loosely packed|
|onion||1/2||medium - chopped|
- In a saucepan bring the water and 1 teaspoon of the salt to a boil.
- Add the garlic, serrano chile, and tomatillos.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain and reserve a 1/2 cup of the liquid.
- In a blender add the garlic, serrano chiles, tomatillos, cilantro, and the remaining salt.
- Puree adding the remaining liquid to get the desired consistency.
- Poor into a bowl and stir in the chopped onion.
- Let the salsa cool before serving.