Ragu Recipe. No this isn't the mass produced sauce. This is the real Italian sauce. It's one of those sauces you will use to define what home is all about. A home where you took your time to make this hearty meaty sauce for your loved ones maybe for a celebration or a Sunday dinner. When you smell and taste this sauce it will take you home it's just that simple.
|olive oil||1/2 cup|
|carrot||1||peeled and diced|
|pork butt||2 lbs||finely chopped|
|veal - ground||2 lbs|
|chicken broth||2 1/2 cups|
|white wine||1/2 cup|
|tomato paste||1/2 lb|
|Italian parsley||1/4 cup||chopped|
|unsalted butter||1/2 cup|
|whipping cream||1/4 cup|
|Parmesan cheese||2/3 cup||grated|
|salt||1 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/2 tsp||to taste|
- Heat the oil in a large stockpot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic clove, celery, and carrot. Sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add the pancetta and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the pork butt and veal. Brown for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken broth, white wine, tomato paste, and Italian parsley. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- Add the unsalted butter, whipping cream, sage, and Parmesan cheese. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.