Potato Leek Soup
Potato Leek Soup Recipe. A soothing comforting soup. It's not too heavy and not too light. It's just right. Especially on a chilly day.
|leek||2||washed and white part chopped|
|all-purpose flour||1 Tbsp|
|potato||3||peeled and chopped|
|chicken broth||8 cups|
|heavy cream||2 cups|
|salt||1 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/2 tsp||to taste|
- In a large stock pot melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion and leeks. Saute until the onions are translucent. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the flour and mix thoroughly to make a roux.
- Add the chicken broth, potatoes, bay leaves, and nutmeg. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves and using a blender puree the soup in batches.
- Return to the stock pot and add the cream. Return to a simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.