Popcorn Shrimp Recipe. Delicious little morsels of shrimp with a bit of a kick.
|shrimp-medium, frozen & deveined||2 lbs||thawed|
|all-purpose flour||2 cups|
|garlic powder||2 tsps|
|black pepper||3/4 tsp|
|hot sauce||1 cup|
|lemon||2||optional - sliced into wedges|
- Season the shrimp with the salt.
- Place the shrimp in the buttermilk for 30 minutes. Heat the oil to 375 degrees.
- In a baking pan mix the all-purpose flour, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper and salt. Taste the flour for taste. Adjust if necessary.
- Mix together the beaten eggs and hot sauce.
- Remove the shrimp from the buttermilk and dredge it through the flour mixture.
- Dredge the shrimp through the egg wash.
- Re-dredge through the flour mixture.
- Fry in batches.
- Fry for 2 to 3 minutes until cooked and golden. Remove to a rack that is placed on a baking sheet to drain.
A little lemon juice is a nice little touch to intensify the flavor.