Poached Figs Recipe. Decadent is the only way to describe this desert. Poaching the figs brings out its true flavor and creates an amazing silky sauce.
|red wine||2 cups|
|vanilla extract||1 tsp|
- In a non-alumunium sauce pan combine the red wine, sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the figs and lower heat to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the figs to a serving plate.
- Increase the heat on the saucepan and reduce the sauce by half.
- Drizzle the sauce over the figs and serve.