Pierna de Cerdo Adobada
This is a great recipe for a large dinner party.
|cider vinegar||2 Tbsps|
|ancho chile||15||stemmed and seeded|
|garlic clove||3||peeled and crushed|
|pork leg||6 lbs||boneless & tied with kitchen twine|
- Heat the water, vinegar, and the salt in a pot over high heat until it begins to boil.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and toast each side of the ancho chiles for about 30 seconds.
- Add the toasted chiles to the boiling water and cook until the chiles are soft. This should take about 15 minutes.
- Remove the cooked chiles to a blender and add ¼ of the reserved liquid with the garlic. Puree until smooth and salt to taste.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Make small cuts all over the pork leg then rub down generously with butter and then with the ancho chile mixture.
- Place in a roasting pan and cook until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. The average time for a 6 lb pound pork leg is about 2 hours so adjust accordingly to weight.
- When the pork leg is cooked allow it to sit for about 20 minutes before carving.