Paprika Chicken Recipe. A hearty meal of juicy flavorful chicken served on delicious egg noodles.
|chicken||1||cut into pieces|
|salt||1/2 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp||to taste|
|all-purpose flour||1 cup|
|unsalted butter||1/2 cup|
|yellow onion||1||sliced thin|
|bell pepper||1/2||seeded and diced|
|button mushroom||6||sliced thin|
|chicken broth||1 1/2 cups|
|egg noodles||3/4 lb|
- Season the chicken parts with salt and black pepper.
- Dredge the chicken parts in all-purpose flour.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large sauce pan.
- Brown the chicken pieces and remove to a plate.
- Add the yellow onion, bell pepper, celery, and mushroom. Sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Add the chicken pieces and pour in the chicken broth.
- Add the pimiento, salt, black pepper, and paprika. Cover and cook for 45 minutes over medium heat.
- In a separate stockpot bring the water to a boil. Add salt and the egg noodles. Boil for 4 to 6 minutes until al dente.
- Drain the egg noodles and add to the chicken, stir, and cook for an additional two minutes.