Oxtail Soup Recipe. This is a meal in itself. Warm up some good bread and have this hearty dish.
|oxtail||1 1/2 lbs||cut into 1 inch pieces|
|turnip||1||peeled and diced|
|parsnip||1||peeled and diced|
|carrot||2||peeled and diced|
|onion||1||peeled and diced|
|garlic clove||4||peeled and diced|
|chicken broth||8 cups|
|salt||1/4 tsp||to taste|
|pepper||1/4 tsp||to taste|
- In a stock pot over medium heat melt the butter.
- Add the oxtail and brown on all sides. Remove the oxtail.
- Add the turnip, parsnip, carrot, celery, and onion to the pot. Stir and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the barley, garlic, Italian parsley, chicken stock, and browned oxtails. Cover.
- Bring to a boil and lower the heat to a simmer. Cook for 2 1/2 hours.
- As the soup cooks foam will form at the top. Skim the foam periodically.