Mushroom Omelette Recipe. An elegant variation on the classic omelette. The beauty of an omelette is you can have it late at night to cap off a wonderful evening or for breakfast to start the day off on the right foot.
|salt||1 pinch||to taste|
|black pepper||1 pinch||to taste|
|olive oil||2 Tbsps|
|unsalted butter||1 tsp|
- Remove the stems from the Cremini mushrooms and dice.
- Slice the cap of the Cremini mushrooms into thin slices.
- In a bowl combine the beaten eggs with the salt and black pepper.
- Heat the olive oil and unsalted butter in a 10 inch non-stick sauté pan.
- Sauté the diced stems and sliced caps of the Cremini mushrooms for 1 minute.
- Remove the sliced caps and set aside.
- Pour in the beaten egg and scrape the bottom with a rubber spatula to form a solid base.
- Once the eggs have cooked place the mushrooms on one side of the omelette.
- Using the rubber spatula fold over the other side to cover the mushrooms and slide out of the pan.