Mozzarella, Tomato, & Basil Skewers
There is nothing better than the combination of Mozzarella, Tomato, and Basil. But when you're at a party it's a bit difficult to eat. You'll need to take a seat, break out the fork and knife, and start slicing. This recipe gives you the one bite solution.
|basil (bunch)||1||leaves only|
|olive oil||1/2 cup|
|salt||1/4 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp||to taste|
- Skewer 1 bocconcini, a basil leaf, and a grape tomato. Repeat.
- Make sure the sharp edge of the skewer is not sticking out of the tomato.
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Place the skewers in a baking dish and drizzle the olive oil mixture over all the skewers.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow them to sit for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
Bocconcini are bite sized pieces of mozzarella that are packed in whey or water.