Mixed Greens with French Dressing
Mixed Greens with French Dressing Recipe. This is a wonderful light salad that will compliment any meal. It has just the right balance of sweet and bitter tastes that creates a great taste combination.
|white distilled vinegar||1/4 cup|
|dry mustard||1/4 tsp|
|bell pepper||2||cored, seeded, and sliced thin|
|cherry tomato||3/4 lb||sliced in half|
|Mandarin orange - canned||2/3 lb|
|red onion||1||sliced thin|
- In a large bowl combine the following ingredients in the following order: oil, catsup, sugar, lemon juice, vinegar, grated onion, diced garlic, salt, paprika, and dry mustard.
- Whisk the ingredients together until you get a smooth red dressing. Allow the dressing to sit for 10 to 15 minutes so the flavors can combine.
- In a large salad bowl place the chopped lettuce.
- Top the lettuce with the bell pepper, sliced cherry tomatoes, Mandarin orange slices, and sliced red onion.
- 5 minutes before you are ready to serve drizzle the salad dressing over the vegetables and toss gently.
Remember that the lettuce will become soggy with the dressing. So add the dressing right before serving.