Mexican Style Rice
Mexican Style Rice Recipe. Next to beans this is a must for any Mexican or Latino meal.
|rice, long white grain||2 cups||soaked in warm water for 5 minutes|
|tomato||2||pureed in blender|
|chicken broth||4 cups|
|carrot||1||small - peeled & diced|
|green pea (frozen)||1/4 cup|
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan over medium heat and add the garlic cloves and onion. Cook until the onions become translucent.
- Add the rice and stir constantly until the rice begins to seperate. Make sure that the rice does not stick to the pan.
- Add the pureed tomatoes and continue to stir for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, serrano chiles, carrot, peas, and parsley.
- Lower the heat and cooked covered for 20 minutes.