Menudo Recipe. Nothing beats a bowl of Menudo on a Sunday morning served with fresh warm tortillas.
|tripe||2 lbs||cut into 2 inch pieces|
|calf's feet||2 lbs|
|salt||1/4 cup||to taste|
|hominy - canned||3 cups||drained|
|oregano (dried)||1/2 cup|
|red pepper flakes||1/2 cup|
- In a large pot combine the water, tripe, calf's feet, onion, garlic, and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and cover the pot. Simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Stir in the hominy and cilantro. Increase the heat and boil for an additional 5 minutes.
- Place all the condiments listed in small bowls and place in the middle of your serving table.
- Serve the Menudo in bowls.
- Allow your guest to add the desired amounts of onion, oregano, red pepper flakes, and lime juice to their bowls of Menudo.