Lasagna Recipe. Layers and layers of sauce, pasta, and oozing cheese. A great family dish.
|olive oil||1/3 cup|
|plum tomatoes - canned||12 cups||drained|
|black pepper||1 tsp|
|ricotta cheese||2 cups|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tbsps||grated|
|basil (fresh)||1 Tbsp||chopped|
|unsalted butter||2 Tbsps|
|mozzarella cheese||1 lb||grated|
|Parmesan cheese||1/2 cup||grated|
- In a saucepan heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and sauté until translucent. Add plum tomatoes, salt and black pepper. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl combine the ricotta cheese, egg, Parmesan cheese, basil, salt, black pepper, and nutmeg. Stir well.
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat. Add the lasagna noodles and boil for 10 to 12 minutes. Drain the water.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Using the butter grease a 9 x 11 baking dish. Take 3/4 cup of tomato sauce and pour on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Place 3 lasagna noodles on top of the sauce. Spread 1/3 of cup of ricotta cheese mixture on top of the lasagna noodles. Spread 3/4 cup of tomato sauce on top of the cheese mixture. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup of the grated mozzarella. Repeat the layers to the top.
- On the last layer top with the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Place the lasagna in the preheat oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
1 Lasagna can feed 6 to 10 people depending on how large you slice it.