Kids Macaroni and Cheese
Kids Macaroni and Cheese Recipe. The real Macaroni and Cheese that kids love to eat. It's ooey, gooey, and really cheesy.
|elbow pasta||1 lb|
|unsalted butter||1/2 cup|
|all-purpose flour||1/2 cup|
|chicken broth||1 3/4 cups|
|milk||3 1/2 cups|
|American cheese||1 1/2 lbs||cubed|
|black pepper||1 pinch|
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. In a large stockpot bring the water to a boil over high heat. Add the salt.
- To the water add the elbow pasta. Cook for 5 minutes until al dente. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- Wipe the stockpot dry and add the butter. Melt the butter over medium heat.
- Stir in the all-purpose flour. Stir for 1 minute until golden brown.
- Stir in the chicken broth and milk. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Stir frequently to prevent scorching.
- Remove the stockpot from the heat and stir in the American cheese. Stir until all the cheese has melted into the sauce.
- Stir in the cooked elbow pasta and add the black pepper to taste.
- Pour the pasta into a rectangular baking dish.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown on top and bubbling on the sides. Remove and allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.