Jambalaya Recipe. If you have a large crowd that you need to feed this is the dish for you. It has sausage, ham, chicken, shrimp, rice, and a little kick for the palette.
|vegetable oil||1/2 cup|
|andouille sausage||1 lb||sliced into 1/4 slices|
|onion||2||medium - chopped|
|bell pepper||1||cored, seeded, and chopped|
|cayenne pepper||1 tsp|
|salt||1 1/2 tsps|
|white pepper||1 1/2 tsps|
|thyme (dried)||1 tsp|
|black pepper||1/2 tsp|
|sage (dried)||1/4 tsp|
|ham||1 lb||chopped into 1/4 inch pieces|
|chicken breast||1 lb||boneless & skinless sliced into 1/4 inch pieces|
|chicken broth||6 cups|
|tomato paste||1/2 lb|
|shrimp||1/2 lb||cleaned & deveined|
- In a large stock pot heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the andouille sausage and sauté until the sausage is browned.
- Add the onion, celery, bell pepper, cayenne pepper, salt, white pepper, thyme, black pepper, and sage. Mix thoroughly.
- When the onions become translucent add the ham, chicken, and garlic. Mix thoroughly.
- When the chicken is halfway cooked add the rice and mix thoroughly.
- Add the chicken stock and bay leaves and cover. Once the stock begins to simmer lower the heat and cook for 30 minutes. Do not mix or uncover during this time.
- Add the shrimp and cook for another 5 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked.
If you like your food spicy add a little more cayenne pepper to this dish.