Jalapeno Risotto Recipe. A classic Italian recipe taken south of the border and kicked up.
|olive oil||1/4 cup|
|jalapeno chile||2||seeded and minced|
|cardamom pod||2||optional - seeds toasted|
|chicken broth||6 cups||warmed to a simmer|
|Arborio rice||2 cups|
|Parmesan cheese||1/2 cup|
|jack cheese||1/2 cup||grated|
|black pepper||1 pinch|
- In a saucepan heat 1/2 of the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the red onion and garlic. Sauté until translucent. Add the minced jalapeno chile and toasted cardamom pod seeds.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the chicken broth and the tequila. Return to the heat. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer.
- In the saucepan heat the remaining olive oil over low heat.
- Stir in the Arborio rice and toast for 5 to 7 minutes. Constantly stirring the rice.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of the simmering chicken broth. Continue to stir until the broth is absorbed.
- Add an additional 1/2 cup of broth and continually stir until the broth is absorbed. Repeat until the broth is all used up.
- Stir in the butter, Parmesan cheese, jack cheese, and cilantro.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste. Serve immediately.