Grilled Vidalia Onions
Grilled Vidalia Onions Recipe. Vidalia onions are the sweetest onions around and once they are grilled they practically melt in your mouth.
|unsalted butter||1/4 cup|
- If you are using a gas grill set the temperature to medium. If you are using a charcoal barbeque get the coals to the point that white ash is showing and the coals are glowing and are spread out in an even layer.
- Get two sheets of aluminum foil that are large enough to wrap the onions. Place one on top of each other.
- Slice off the top of the Vidalia Onion and leave the root in tact. Peel the hard outer skin of the Vidalia onion off.
- Make two slices that cross the onion to the root. Gently open the onion up but keep the root in tact.
- Place on the aluminum foil and bring up the ends to form a pouch.
- Place 1 tablespoon of butter on top of the onion. Crumble the bouillon cube over the butter.
- Add three ice cubes. Close up the aluminum pouch.
- Place on the grill and grill for 1 hour. Serve the onion in the aluminum pouches and tell your guests to be careful of the rich onion broth that has formed during grilling.