Grilled Oyster Recipe. One of the easiest things you can grill. Place them on the grill. Allow them to open. Spoon in some butter and you have a great appetizer for any BBQ.
|oyster||12||Scrubbed and Rinsed|
|unsalted butter||1/2 cup|
|garlic||2||crushed - optional|
|hot sauce||1/4 cup||to taste - optional|
- If you are using a gas grill set the temperature to medium. If you are using a charcoal barbeque get the coals to the point that white ash is showing and the coals are glowing and are spread out in an even layer.
- Place the oysters on the grill with the larger part of the shell on the bottom.
- Cover the grill and allow to cook for 6 to 10 minutes until the shells have opened.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Skim the froth from the top. Slowly pour the melted butter into another pan leaving the milky liquid at the bottom of the pan. You now have clarified butter.
- To enhance the flavor of the butter you can add the crushed garlic.
- Slowly remove the now opened oysters from the grill. Discard the oysters that have not opened at all.
- Using a cloth towel slowly remove the upper shell trying to preserve the juices in the lower shell. Using a spoon or butter knife slowly remove the oyster from its shell.
- Spoon in some melted butter and a dash of hot sauce.
- Serve immediately.