Grilled Halibut in Citrus Marinade
Grilled Halibut in Citrus Marinade Recipe. Looking for dish on the lighter side from the grill? This dish is comprised of 3 flavors: marinade, smoke from the grill, and the true flavor of the halibut. The marinade and smoke from the grill does not overpower the true flavor of the fish but compliments it.
|halibut||4 lbs||cut into 1 lb steaks|
|olive oil||1/4 cup|
|garlic clove||4||peeled and diced|
|jalapeno chile||2||seeded and diced|
|black pepper||1/2 tsp|
|cayenne pepper||1/2 tsp|
|unsalted butter||1 cup|
|salt||1 1/2 tsps|
|black pepper||3/4 tsp|
- In a bowl combine the lime juice, orange juice, and olive oil. Whisk together.
- Add the garlic, onion, jalapeno chile, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and cumin. Combine well.
- Place the fish in a glass baking dish and cover with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Prepare your grill for medium heat.
- Before placing the fish on the grill sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Place the fish on the grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove the fish and prepare the sauce.
- In a small sauce pan melt the butter. Add the lemon juice and cilantro. Mix well and spoon over the fish before serving.