Grilled Bratwurst Recipe. Oh Wisconsin, Oh Wisconsin! How can you go wrong when you're cooking with beer. The better the beer the better the flavor. It's like they say with those French/Italian recipes when a recipe calls for wine. Never use what you wouldn't drink. If you're looking to feed a crowd go with the Brats.
|hot dog bun||5|
- In a saucepan bring the beer and onions to a simmer.
- Add the bratwurst and simmer for 10 minutes.
- If you are using a gas grill set the temperature to medium.
- If you are using a charcoal barbeque get the coals to the point that white ash is showing and the coals are glowing and are spread out in an even layer.
- Grill the bratwurst and the onions on the cooler sections of the grill for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Heat your buns and serve with grilled onions, mustard, and ketchup.