Grilled Artichokes Recipe.
|water||8 cups||enough to cover artichokes|
|olive oil||3/4 cup|
|salt||2 tsps||to taste|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp||to taste|
- Place the water in a stock pot and bring to a boil. Add the salt.
- Place cold water in bowl and add the juiced lemon.
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Take an artichoke. Cut 3/4 of the stem off. Begin to peel the hard leaves off the base of the artichoke until the leaves start to become light greenish yellow. Cut off a 1/2 inch off the top of the artichoke. Slice artichoke in half and remove fuzzy center and any purple leaves. Place the artichoke halves in the bowl with the cold water and lemon juice.
- Remove and place in the boiling water. Boil for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Prepare your grill. If you are using a gas grill set the temperature to medium. If you are using a charcoal barbeque get the coals to the point that white ash is showing and the coals are glowing and are spread out in an even layer.
- Remove the artichokes from the water and pat dry. Cover the artichokes with some of the olive oil mixture to evenly coat.
- Grill on each side for 8 to 10 minutes until slight char marks begin to appear. Remove and drizzle with the remaining olive oil mixture and serve.
This recipe goes great with the Basil Aioli. It is a perfect match and will out do any chips and dips.